Meet the Executive Committee
The Secretariat wishes to announce the outcome of the first ICIC Executive Committee Elections which closed for voting at midnight UTC on Thursday 6 May 2021.
Thank you to all the candidates for their inclusion in the voting process. We’d additionally like to thank the 70% membership who voted in these proceedings.
Congratulations to Comisionada Presidente Blanca Lilia Ibarra Cadena and colleagues at the National Institute for Transparency, Access to Information and Personal Data Protection of Mexico. ICIC members unanimously voted in favour of them to become the first elected Chair of the Executive Committee. INAI will also host the ICIC Secretariat.
Congratulations also to our Executive Committee members
- Albania – Information and Data Protection Commissioner
- Bermuda – Office of the Information Commissioner
- Brazil – Office of the Comptroller General (Host 2021)
- Chile – Chilean Transparency Council
- Kenya – Commission on Administrative Justice, Office of the Ombudsman
- South Africa – Information Regulator (South Africa)
- United States – The Office of Government Information Services
The newly formed Executive Committee will take over from the Governance Working Group at the close of the 2021 annual conference, 23 – 24 June 2021.
The roles and responsibilities of the Executive Committee are very diverse and include:
- Lead on the implementation of the strategic priorities, of the Conference resolutions and any other matters decided upon by members at the annual meeting.
- Support the host in developing the agenda of the annual meeting.
- Encourage members to promote and participate in relevant international events and initiatives.
- Oversee the review of applications for membership and to host the annual meeting
- Manage the review of amendments to the ICIC Charter and the ICIC processes.
- Assist the Chair in mediating any dispute brought forward by members.